FOMCI is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to supporting the Refuge. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
The mission of the Friends of Maine Coastal Islands NWR is to support Maine Coastal Islands National Wildlife Refuge in its efforts to conserve, protect, and enhance the rich diversity of coastal habitats, seabirds, and other wildlife.
• Develop networks to support funding for seabird island protection.
• Build diverse, broad-based community support for coastal conservation issues.
• Build awareness and appreciation of Refuge habitats through education.
• Promote local and national media coverage.
• Sponsor symposia, lectures and conferences, and written materials.
• Support the development of an education center and special programs.
• Sponsor an island intern program.
• Build partnerships and coalitions with other coastal conservation organizations.
• Develop individual, foundation and corporate support.
• Sponsor hands-on, activity-oriented stewardship projects.
Friends of Maine Coastal Islands National Wildlife Refuge was incorporated as a nonprofit organization in July 2002 and received 501(c)(3) tax status from the IRS in May 2003. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.